Friday, December 11, 2020

Friday 12/11/20 Thoughts and Hummingbirds

 It's been a busy week at work. I'm working full time again (three 12-hour shifts a week) and I don't think my body is quite used to it. Especially considering how busy it was. I floated to another unit on Monday - 6th floor rehab. And I worked my ass off. I was helping hands, meaning I was helping get people up, emptying foleys, passing out trays, picking up trays, changing beds, doing vital signs, and answering call lights. It's a different kind of busy than I'm used to. When I work on mom/baby I'm taking care of healthy, capable moms and their babies - not people that can't get to the toilet without 2-3 people helping them. Makes me appreciate my job so much more. But it was a good day. 

And then Wednesday I was in nursery and we did 12 deliveries - 7 of them in 2 hours. It was crazy and nonstop. Yesterday I was nursery again and thankfully it wasn't as busy - only 5 deliveries and they spaced out nicely. 

And through it all my mood has remained good! Which is amazing! I've felt like I've been coming down with something though. I've had a headache for 2 weeks, a cough, some sneezing, fatigue, and sinus pressure. I was exposed to Covid on Thanksgiving and I know some people think I have a mild case of it. I don't know. I hope not. Hubby and son haven't gotten sick and I've been around them daily without a mask so . . . 

I've been getting some custom orders. I just finished an order for 7 hummingbird bookmarks:


I'm going to need to start raising my prices. I charged $3 each for these and they were more work than $21. But the person is my sister's hubby's aunt, so I gave them a break. But from now on prices are going up. 

Anyway, that's it. Things are pretty boring here. Nothing really new or exciting. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment