Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Tuesday 4/12/22 New Painting

 Figured I had better write today, as the rest of my week is jam packed. Like, no free time at all. I work Tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday, and then Thursday I'll be at the riding center (Norris Penrose) from 8:30am - 3:30pm. I have a long 4 days coming up. At least Thursday I'll be with horses. As I will be this evening. And was yesterday. 

I'd say my mood has been pretty blah since my last post. The exception being last Friday where I woke up pretty depressed (I was also pretty depressed last Wednesday and Thursday). But I had a training class at Norris Penrose and was playing with horses for 3 hours and it helped lift my spirits. Other than that I've been pretty blah. Which is better than depressed . . . but still not great. I don't want to be blah. I want to be more than that. I'm definitely lacking in the motivation department. Hardly doing anything but the bare minimum. Which I hate. But I can't seem to bring myself to do anything. Ugh.

So, Thursdays, when I'm able to, I'll be at Norris Penrose as a horse handler, working with kids and adults with mental health issues (mostly anxiety and depression, but some personality disorders as well). I'm looking forward to this. A lot. THIS is what I want to do, a lot more so than being a side walker, which is what I am out at Latigo. So I'm going to be trying to get every Thursday off, as well as Tuesdays. We'll see how that goes. 

Anyway, I did manage to paint today. A painting of a horse eye that I'm pretty proud of. It's titled, "Window to the Soul". 


It was nerve racking to paint! But I'm happy with the outcome. It's 5X7, watercolor. 

So yeah. That's all I've got for today. Two more weeks until I have therapy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment