Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Tuesday 4/27/21 Some More Birbs

 Well it's Tuesday again, time for another post. What to start with . . .

How about weight loss? Sure! Why not? I've been eating a modified paleo diet for the past 6 weeks and have been using the program Reset for the past 2 weeks. And I've lost 13 pounds! That's without really working out (my gym attendance is spotty at best). I'm proud of myself. Now, 13 pounds may not sound like a lot over 6 weeks, but it's a lot for me - considering in the past I haven't been able to lose any weight. And more important than the weight loss is how I feel. I'm feeling better about myself, feeling healthier, and have a smidgeon more energy. So this is all great news! My cravings haven't been bad at all either. I thought that cutting out most refined sugar would lead to horrible cravings but it hasn't. At work there's always something sweet around to eat (cupcakes, donuts, candy . . .) and I haven't had ANY of it since eating healthier. That is a HUGE accomplishment (I used to snack on anything and everything at work). I'm really proud of myself for that *pats self on back*. And I'm down a pants size! I still have a long way to go on my weight loss journey, but I'm starting off strong and feeling better. 

Next on the agenda is my mother-in-law. She fell on Sunday and fractured her hip. She had surgery last night and is hopefully now on the mend. Hubby is on his way to the hospital now to check on her and so I'm waiting for an update. Sadly, only one person a day can visit her. I snuck up to her room yesterday while I was at work to check on her. No one questioned me being there, probably because I was in surgical scrubs and wearing my badge - people probably thought I was from the OR and talking to her about her upcoming surgery. I'm worried about her. She's had a couple of pretty bad falls. I don't want anything to happen to her. So, if you're the praying type, say a prayer for her that she recovers quickly. It's much appreciated. 

There hasn't been much else going on. Work is still busy (except yesterday, yesterday was unusually slow). We've had a couple of really sick Covid patients on our unit, and the hospital as a whole has seen an upsurge of them. We were actually at capacity last Friday. I haven't been as artistic as I would like but I'm still sketching and painting here and there. I need to sew some more but I haven't had any motivation to.

Speaking of painting, here's some more birds I painted! Arctic terns, a seagull, and a blue bird.


I'm truly on a bird kick. Which is fine, cause I love birds. I want my whole right arm sleeved out in bird tattoos. My next one will be a dove with cherry blossom branches, and then I'll probably get more sparrows. Because sparrows. 

That's all I guess. Until next time . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment